Follow Along...

Sunday, August 2, 2015

CAS336 - STAR LIGHT, STAR BRIGHT

Hey there, three posts in one day...can you believe it?  *grin*  I'm back, yet again, with an SCS challenge, but not a DTGD challenge.  No, this time, I'm playing along in Joyce's, Under the Stars, CAS (Clean and Simple) challenge.  As you might guess from the title, she wanted us to use stars on our projects.  I've been itching to use this cool Bella Blvd paper!

I've done this technique before and had someone ask how I did it, so I thought I would take some pictures along the way.  Not all of the pictures are that great, but I figured they would give you the gist.




I started by stamping the image on a Stamp-a-ma-jig then eye balling it with the die I wanted to use for the window.  Once I figured out the layout, I stamped and colored the image.  The adorable snowman is from Whipper Snapper Designs.  They have the cutest snowmen around!  Just sayin'...
After the image was colored, I put the die into place again.  Like the Out-of-the-box Technique, I used a pencil to lightly mark where the die touches the image.
You can see the marks by the hat and the sleeve.
Using an X-Acto knife, I tightly cut around the image starting at one pencil line and going to the other.  I extended the cut just past each of the lines to allow for the die to slide in.
I placed the die behind the snowman and adjusted it until I was happy with where it was on the paper then ran it through the Big Shot.
The die was placed face down, so it only cuts what is underneath and not the image itself.
I used sharp scissors and the X-Acto knife to clean up my lines around the snowman.  Pattern paper was placed under the window to complete the card.  Pretty easy, huh?

Clear Wink of Stella was used on the shadowy areas of the snowman and a clear glaze pen on the candy canes.

COPIC COLORING:
SNOWMAN:  BV20, BG70  CARROT NOSE:  YR16, YR02, YR00  HAT:  C6, C4, C2, CO, R24, R22, R21  SCARF:  C6, C4, C2, C0, R21  SWEATER:  G46, G43, G40, R24, R22, R21  STARS:  C4, C2, C0, 0  CANDY CANES:  R24, R22, R21, C4, C2, C0  SNOW:  BV20, BG70

Thanks for stopping by, and let me know if you still have questions!


SUPPLIES:
STAMPS:  WSD The Magic of Snow
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bella Blvd Camp Out
INK:  Copic markers; Memento Tuxedo Black 
ACCESSORIES:  Sizzix Big Shot; MFT Die-namics (Blueprints 16, Jumbo Peek-a-boo Circle); glass cutting plate; X-Acto knife; scissors; Sakura Clear Glaze pen; Clear Wink of Stella; KaiserCraft Silver Rhinestone; Zig 2-Way Glue pen; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Reverse out-of-the-box with a die
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

2 comments:

TinaS said...

Hi, thank you so much for this very understandable tutorial... I struggle with finding the right Position for the die to make my pencil marks... will try again because of your description...thank you! And you're right, Whipper Snapper do have the cutest snowmen and dogs and cats and birdies...you know that road...;) I really love your color choices and your coloring is always beautiful...thanks for sharing!
Hugs from Germany,
Tina

Chris Franco said...

Such clear instructions - I couldn't have done it just reading but the pictures are so helpful. Love the card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...