Follow Along...

Thursday, August 1, 2013

DTGD13bfinlay - YOU MAKE ME SMILE...

Hey there, I'm thrilled to be participating this year in Splitcoaststampers 8th Annual Dare to Get Dirty challenges!  DTGD is our way of saying thanks to the most amazing Fan Club members ever!  So what's this about, you ask?  Easy...it's all about you, silly!  Our Dirty Dozen Designers, both past and present, have gotten together and planned a super fun week for you!  Besides the stamping end of it, the girls will be hanging out in the chat threads waiting to dish the dirt!  Yep...if you've ever wondered how someone does something, ask away...we'd love to share our dirty little secrets with you!  Everyone will be able to see our DTGD projects, but only the Fan Club members will be able to see what the specific challenge details are or participate in the challenges!  Come join in the fun!  Not a member but want to be?  Not a problem...join here!  Ooohhhh...and did I mention prizes?  I thought that might have gotten your attention!  *grin*  Click here for more info!

I'm back to share a card I made for Bridget's (bfinlay) challenge.  Meet Gringo, from Whipper Snapper Designs.  Yep, I'm going to say it again...HE'S WAY TO CUTE!  *grin*  Gringo was stamped on Neenah card stock with Tuxedo Black, colored with Copic markers then fussy cut and set aside.  The background panel was sponged with New Sprout and Bamboo Leaves before the computer generated sentiment was printed (I didn't want to take the chance of smudging the printer ink so I did it after it was sponged).  The image was stamped on the sponged background then the fussy cut image was adhered directly to the panel. 



I have a confession to make:  see those well placed leaves in the top corner?  Well, they are there hiding an oopsy!  I know I don't have to point out my goof-ups...I just think it's awesome that as paper crafters, we can come up with ways to hide our mistakes!  When I stamped the image onto the sponged panel, I must have put it on a little crooked because the top had a gap in the side.  I couldn't have that, so I stamped a couple more leaves, colored them with Copic markers, fussy cut them then popped them up at different angles to hide my mistake.  They look like they were meant to be there all along!  So gotta love that, am I right?!?

COPIC COLORING: 
LIZARD'S FACE/BELLY:  YG00, YG01, YG0000  LIZARD'S BODY:  YG25, YG23, YG21, YG00  LEAVES:  YG25, YG23, YG21, YG00  TREE:  E37, E35, E34, E33, E30

You make me smile all over my face!  Perfect!  By the way, this was the other card that was my favorite.  I'm not sure if it was the Copic/sponging combo, all the green or just the goofy look on the lizard's face...but I love it!  Already then, I'll be back tomorrow with four more DTGD projects.  See you soon!

Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  WSD Gringo
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Raven Monochromatic 
INK:  Copic markers; Memento (Tuxedo Black, New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves)
ACCESSORIES:   Sponges; Stamp-a-ma-jig; PC/printer (for sentiment); paper snips; Sakura Clear Glaze pen; Zig 2-Way Glue pen; SU Dimensionals; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Sponging; fussy cutting
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

1 comment:

Mickaela Vildljung said...

What a super card. I just love this and the turtle one- the colors are just amazing.

Love Mickaela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...