Follow Along...

Friday, April 12, 2013

WHAT'S THE BUZZZZZ?

Hey there, I found a really cool challenge blog a couple days ago, Designed to Color.  This month's challenge, Hexagon Fun, is to use a colored image and hexagons.  I'm totally addicted to coloring, so this was easy!  Especially since I've had this Whipper Snapper Designs image sitting on my desk for the last month just begging to see ink.  My layout was inspired by Designed to Color's guest designer, Mary Johnson.  Her skunk card is stinkin' cute!  Yep, I just went there!  *ha*

This actually started out as a 5 1/4" square card, but there was a WHOLE lot of real estate out there not getting used.  It felt out of balance, so I ripped it apart and cut it down to fit an A2 card.  Oh yeah, much better!  The image was stamped twice, once on the main panel and the other on a scrap piece of Neenah card stock.  The bear was colored with Copic markers and then I tried a new-to-me technique.  I'm not sure what it's called...but after the image is colored, you spritz a towel with Copic Colorless Blender (0) and dab it on the colored image.  It's supposed to leave a fur-like texture.  Mine left white splotches...not at all what I was hoping for...sooo I colored over it!  Almost everything is fixable, right?  *grin*  If you look close, you can still see a little of the texture in the lightest areas of the bear.  The bear was fussy cut and because I LOVE my clear glaze pen, the nose and pads on his feet were glazed to give them a subtle shine.  I colored the bee, flower, flower pot and shadow on the main panel, adhered the hexagons, computer generated the sentiment, cut it with a banner die then popped it and the colored bear up over the top of the main panel.  I love how this card turned out!  Oh, and I put Stickles on the little bee's wings for a little sparkle.  I guess that's about it for this one!


COPIC COLORING: 
BEAR:  E44, E43, E42, E41  NOSE/PADS:  C6, C4, C2, C0  FLOWER POT:  BG75, BG72, BG70, Y15, Y00  DIRT:  E44, E43, E41  LEAVES:  YG23, YG00  FLOWER:  R46, R43, Y15, Y00  BEE:  Y15, Y00, BG72, BG70  SHADOW:  E43, E42, E41

Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  WSD Sitting Teddy
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Raven Monochromatic; My Mind's Eye Unforgettable collection ("Today" Remember, "Happiness" Delight)
INK:  Copic markers; Memento Tuxedo Black 
ACCESSORIES:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur; MFT Die-namics (Hexagons, Fishtail Flag Stax); Stamp-a-ma-jig; paper snips; Sakura Clear Glaze pen; computer/printer (for the sentiment); SU Dimensionals; Star Dust Stickles; Zig 2-Way Glue pen; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Fussy cutting
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...