Follow Along...

Saturday, February 16, 2013

SOULMATE

Hey there, happy Saturday!  I thought I would pop in and share a card I made with Taylored Expressions Animals in Love - Flamingos stamp set.  But first, I have to share something...yep, confession time!  *grin*

So a couple years ago I attended the first Copic Certification class and was able to play with the Copic airbrush system and didn't take to it immediately, but thought maybe it would grow on me.  Well, I decided to purchase it at my LSS and got a smokin' good deal on it...waaayyyy too good to pass up!  Anyway, I think I tried using it once with disastrous results so back in the box it went...tucked under my desk.  Out of sight out of mind!  I know *gasp*!  But then I attended CHA in January and saw Cindy Lawrence using one.  I pledged to dig mine back out of the box and give it a try again and well, I did it!  Woohoo!  I had mentioned to my hubby that I was going to try my hand at airbrushing and I really didn't think he was even paying attention.  As I was playing with it, in walks hubby.  I don't really know what he was expecting, but here's a snippet of our conversation:

Hubby:  Looks like clouds.
Me:  Um hmmm.
Hubby:  Is it supposed to?
Me:  Yep.
Hubby (noticing the shiny air compressor sitting on the floor):  Holy crap, how much did you pay for that?
Me:  Honestly, I couldn't tell you...I bought it a couple of years ago and have never really used it.
Hubby (still in shock at what he could only imagine I spent on it):  I'll have to take a good look at it...hey, you'll be able to paint my fishing lures with that thing!

Ugh...lucky me!  Ha!  I suppose it's a fair trade off though!  Anyway, this is the result of my first real attempt at airbrushing.  I'm a little heavy handed, but I think that will come with practice.  So, I started by using a cloud template and airbrushing the sky before coloring the flamingos with Copic markers.  I wasn't done with it yet...I airbrushed the Layering Doily Medium die and the background paper was actually black and white...but I fixed that!  Ha!  I airbrushed the paper to match then looked around to see what else I could try it on.  I thought, what the heck, why not try it on a white button.  It worked!  I think I'll go ahead and leave it out for a while and play with it a little bit more.  Stay tuned for more airbrushing...




COPIC COLORING: 
FLAMINGOS:  RV29, RV25, RV23, RV21  BEAKS:  RV21, RV0000, C4, C2  SKY:  RV21  HEART DOILY/BUTTON:  RV29, RV25

Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  TE Animals in Love - Flamingos
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill (Raven Monochromatic; Basics collection Picnic Plaid, Big Dot, Sonnet)
INK:  Copic markers; Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES:  Spellbinders (Grand Calibur, Nestabilities Standard Circles Large); TE Taylored Dies (Layering Doily Medium, Banner Stacklets 1, Cloud Border); Copic airbrush system; American Crafts Elements Buttons; Creative Impressions Black Twine; SU Dimensionals; Mini Glue Dots; adhesive
TECHNIQUE(S):  Airbrushing; masking
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  5 1/4" x 5 1/4"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, Tammie! Loved your confession and conversation with hubby! I can relate to talks like that! Look forward to seeing more air brushing!

Taylor said...

Oooh... I love the pink clouds! Super cute! And LOL on the air compressor. Totally worth the money you paid though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...