Follow Along...

Sunday, August 26, 2012

TO THE HAPPY COUPLE...

Hey there,  I've got a lot of pictures to share with you today!  My hubby's niece just got married and this is the card/box I made for her.  It's a little different than what I normally create.  I love to color and, well, there isn't any on this project.  


Maegan's favorite color is purple (she even named her daughter Violet) so I worked in just enough with the sponging to make it pop.  I started with something totally different...gorgeous patterned paper in shades of lavender, but it just didn't come together.  I'm glad I didn't force it because I really like how this card turned out!



The sentiment is from an Our Craft Lounge set called The Journey.  It's a little unconventional for a wedding card...but it's the perfect message for the newlyweds!  The flowers are all My Favorite things dies, the pins are Maya Road and the other beads are from my stash.  I showed my hubby the finished card and he said it had a lot of bling.  I say pfft...really, is that even possible?  LOL!



Here's the inside...the embossed pocket holds a gift card.



Every paper crafter knows it's all about the presentation; am I right?  *grin*  An envelope would just not do for this beauty, so I set to work creating a little box. The sentiment on the box top was computer generated (it's the names of our niece and her groom and the date of their wedding).  The layers used on the card were also used on the box top, another seam binding bow and one tiny rose and leaf complete the box.  



I guess that's about it for this one.  Enjoy your day!

THIS PROJECT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
CRAFTY SENTIMENTS DESIGNS CHALLENGE BLOG ~ Flowers
CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS ~ Sentimental
CUTE CARD THURSDAY ~ Bling it Up!
DIVAS BY DESIGN ~ #49 Anything Goes
FAB 'N' FUNKY ~ #135 Use Leaves Somewhere
TUESDAY THROWDOWN ~ #112 Hip to be Square
PAPERTAKE WEEKLY CHALLENGE ~ Pins & Needles
SASSY CHERYL'S BLOG ~ #88 Show Me Thursday!
STAMP N DOODLE ~ Loaded with Layers
THE RIBBON CAROUSEL ~ RCC67 Bump it Up with Tracy Valure

Thanks for stopping by! SmileyCentral.com





SUPPLIES:
STAMPS:  OCL The Journey (enter the code "checkusout" to receive a discount off your entire purchase at Memories of Time)
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; Bazzill Heidi Monochromatic
INK:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Sweet Plum
ACCESSORIES:  Sizzix Big Shot, embossing folder; MFT Die-namics Plentiful Petals, Royal Rolled Rose, Mini Royal Rose, Royal Leaves, Leafy Flourish; Nestabilities Picot Edge Circles, Standard Circles Small and Large; seam binding; Ranger Mini Mister (filled with water), Heat it craft tool; non-stick craft mat; sponge; Maya Road Trinket Pins-Antique Gem; beads from my stash; Mini and Micro Glue Dots; Zots; stylus; computer mouse pad; tweezers; Scor-Pal; Zig 2-way Glue pen; Best Glue Ever; SU Dimensionals; adhesive
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  Card = 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"; box = 6" x 6" x 2"

9 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

WOW! That I an amazing card, all the details are gorgeous, it's stunning, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

pinky said...

Stunning work Tam. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.
Pinky

Cynthia said...

This is gorgeous, Tammie. The couple will love this!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Simply beautiful. Thanks for joining in on the fun at TT.
Hugs
Berni,DT

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning Tammie!

Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow, totally stunning, just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Hazel said...

This is such a stunningly gorgeous project - lovely card - thanks for joining in with the Tuesday Throwdown 'hip to be square' challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

Sassy Cheryl said...

What FABULOUS photos and that cardbox is AMAZING!!!!!!
Congratulations to your niece.
Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday this week.

Laurel said...

I just love what you have done, this is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing at RCC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...