Follow Along...

Friday, December 31, 2010

PEACE, LOVE & REFLECTIONS

Can you believe another year has come and gone?  I remember when I was a kid and time just crept by...everyone always said it would go faster as I got older.  Holy crapola, batman!  This year just started last week!  What happened?  *sigh*

Here's the highlights/lowlights for this year:
  • In February I created an SCS profile so I could share my paper crafting with my buddy, D, who lives in another state (sending pics through email was getting to be a pain in the hiney).
  • In June my dad had a stroke and, unfortunately, didn't make it (miss you dad!).  He was less than one month shy of his 66th birthday and was finally talking about retirement.  While my dad was in the hospital, my step-brother (his son) reconnected with the family.  Since then we've even gone camping together which was really cool!  Two weeks after my dad passed, I had foot surgery and was on a knee scooter for three months (a VERY long three months I might add).  If you've never seen one, it takes the place of crutches and is truly a life saver!
  • In August I created my blog (it's been fun and I'm slowing getting all my stamping buddies into it as well!).
  • In October I accepted a Guest Designer spot with Our Craft Lounge and my 19 year old son decided to quit his job, give up his apartment and start "traveling".  Although I don't understand why he feels the need to do this, he seems to be having a good time and he is seeing the USA in a way he would never have experienced any other way.  He checks in with me regularly so I won't worry so much and shares with me the places he has been and the people he has met.  I anxiously wait for the day when this phase in his life is over and he decides to settle down.  In the mean time, I look forward to hearing about his journey.
  • In November I was invited to be a full-time member of OCL's Design Team and participated in their Valentine Release Sneak Peek and Blog Hop (good times!).
  • In December, well, I decided to teach my first class at our local scrapbook store, Memories of Time.  The class will be in January so I've been spending a little time over the last couple of weeks prepping for it and trying not to panic!
  • The best part of 2010...I met some really cool people through my habit...I mean hobby!  Stamping buddies are the best!!!  Enough babble already...onto the card!
To be honest with you, I made this card in November and have just never gotten around to posting it.  The stamp set is from OCL and is called Flower Power.  The flowery peace sign was stamped on Neenah card stock with Black Soot and was colored with Copic markers.  The center was cut out with a craft knife and backed with packaging tape.  That gave it a nice, sticky surface for the Crafty Sparkles to adhere to.

I hope everyone out there in Blogland has a happy, safe and creative New Year!

Thanks for stopping by!  SmileyCentral.com




SUPPLIES
STAMPS:  OCL's Flower Power
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; I can't remember the DP...sorry!
INK:  Ranger Black Soot
ACCESSORIES: Copic markers; craft knife; packaging tape; OCL Crafty Sparkles; Dimensionals

2 comments:

Gale said...

Girl, you definitely have the gift of gab. I so enjoy coming to your blog, looking at your art and, yes, reading what you say. I don't read many blogs but yours always makes me smile. So glad to have connected with you, both here and at MOT.

Gale

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone!
Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to
all your posts! Carry on the fantastic work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...