Follow Along...

Sunday, November 14, 2010

OCLDT39 - VINTAGE CHRISTMAS BAUBLE

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!  I have been!  I attended two awesome stamp classes at our local scrapbooking store (MOT).  They were so much fun and I learned a new technique that I can't wait to try out.  It's been around for a while, but it's new to me.  I'll hopefully show you my creation later in the week but now onto this week's sketch challenge.  All you have to do to play along is use an OCL stamp set, follow the sketch provided and link your creation to The Lounge blog...you could even win an OCL stamp set of your choice!

This card uses three different OCL sets:  Trim the Tree, Vintage Swirls and Ole St. Nick.  Now tell me if the ornament and swirls aren't a perfect match!


With my Neenah paper still in the Spellbinders die, I sponged three shades of green (lightest in the center all the way to darkest on the outside edge).  I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up and stamp the swirls from Vintage Swirls then used it again to line up the ornament.  I embossed it by first inking my stamp with VersaMark then Cherry Cobbler.  After the image was stamped, I sprinkled it with Heat & Stick Powder and heat set it just until melted.  I quickly sprinkled Crafty Sparkles on it and heat set it again.  Nice and sparkly!  The strip on the side was made with another of the stamps in Vintage Swirls.  The layers are Cherry Cobbler and the DP is from Paper Pizazz.  To finish the card off, I used a Provo Craft die to cut out the tag, stamped the sentiment from Ole St. Nick and tied a little knot with embroidery thread.

This card includes the following challenges:

The Lounge ~ OCLDT39 Sketch Challenge
Anything Goes Challenge Blog ~ Emboss It
Crafty Purple Frog Challenge ~ Time for You to Sparkle
Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog ~ #47 Anything Christmassy/Winter
Ellephantastic ~ #19 Butterfly and/or Christmas
I Did It Creations Challenge Blog ~ #29 Traditional Christmas Colors
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog ~ Make it Vintage
OLLCB ~ Remember Remember
One Stitch at a Time Challenge Blog ~ #39 Your Fav Color
Top Tip Tuesday ~ Use an Image/Sentiment

Thanks for stopping by!

Tam

SUPPLIES
STAMPS:  OCL's Trim the Tree, Vintage Swirls, Ole St. Nick
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; SU Cherry Cobbler; Paper Pizzazz Pine Green Plaid DP
INK:  SU Cherry Cobbler, Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Hansome Hunter
ACCESSORIES:  Big Shot; Spellbinders Nestability Labels Four; sponges; Stamp-a-ma-jig; VersaMark; Heat & Stick Powder; OCL Sugar Crafty Sparkles; KaiserCraft Pearl; ribbon from JoAnn's; ProvoCraft die; embroidery thread

23 comments:

Gale said...

What? No pink and brown? Just kidding. Beautiful card Tammie. Love the colors.

Josephine said...

So pretty - I love the sparkle!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Wendi said...

What a beautiful card, colours gorgeous and very elegant
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

kaos said...

Gorgeous and elegant!

Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!
hugs
kaos

crafty amy said...

Oh my gosh this is so beautiful! it looks so expensive I LOVE it :D
Thank you for joining us at CPF and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Hazel said...

This is so elegant and classy - Hazel, OLL Guest Designer x

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

What a beautiful and elegant card! Thanks for joining us at kaboodle Doodles!

Cor* said...

this is beautiful! love the color palette! Thanks for sharing your Wintery/Christmassy chilly whilly creation at the Creative Inspirations challenge this fortnight!! Good luck.

jude said...

This is absolutely beautiful,You have one stunning Elegant card there.Good luck!!
Thanks for taking time out to join us in this weeks challenge over at Creative Inspirations good luck!Hope to see you again next time.
hugs judex

Heather Huggins said...

I've seen it, it rocks!! Great seeing you in class..

**Farrah** said...

Very lovely card! Just beautiful work!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Jill said...

Really gorgeous card thanks for joining us at Kaboodledoodles and Ellephantastic this week. Jill

Jeanette said...

Very elegant. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Michelle said...

Hi there Tammie, stunning card! I love the bauble and matching swirls. Really pretty colours and the pretty ribbon just finishes the card off perfectly.
Thanks for taking part in this fortnights Ellephantastic challenge.
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
x

Unknown said...

So very elegant, love the colours your used.... stunning!! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xx

Dorcas said...

Beautifully well done! Thanks for joiningus at CI!

Vanja said...

Beautfiul card! Very elegant.
Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges. :)

hugs, Vanja

Anne said...

This is so pretty and elegant and yes they match perfectly!
Thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday
Hugs
Anne

Paddington fan said...

Very stylish and elegant card - I love it! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time for our Christmas colour challenge and good luck, love Jacky x

Katja said...

Great christmascard! Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.
Hope to see you next time...

Greetings,
Katja

Margreet said...

Wow, this is beautiful...love the matching ornament and swirls...thanks for playing with OSAAT's fav colour challenge!
xxx Margreet

Helen Laurence said...

What a lovely card thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic.You have inspired me to use my wheels!! Best of luck. Hugs x

Brenda Dean said...

This card is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...