Follow Along...

Friday, September 17, 2010

WRONG WAY GURTIE

OMGosh...check out this new image from Dustin Pike / Doodle Dragon Studios that was just released yesterday.  Isn't it a hoot?  It makes me laugh every time!

I absolutely LOVE Halloween and this is actually my very first Halloween card ever.  How can that be!?!  I think I'll have to do something about that.  Stay tuned...

Anyway, I made this card for Dustin's        "Gettin' Fancy...With the Folds" challenge.  The rules are simple...use a DDS image and a "fancy fold" of your choice then link it to his blog by Saturday, September 18.  There is still time to play along if you hurry!

I chose an easel fold.  I sized, then printed the image on a LaserJet printer and used a Spellbinders die to cut it out.  I colored it with Copic markers (see below).  It's been a while since I've done any sponging on a card so I broke one out and got inky (really...I've still got some Elegant Eggplant on my fingers LOL).  The sentiments were computer generated by yours truely and also colored with Copics.  Don't you love it?  Curses... 
I used some ribbon to tie a knot around my front panel and attached a button to the base.  That's pretty much it.



Thanks for looking!  Happy Friday!!!

Tam

ADDITIONAL INFO
STAMPS:  Dustin Pike digital image
PAPER: Neenah Solar white, SU Elegant Eggplant, Black CS; Frances Meyer Witchy Stripes DP
INK: SU Elegant Eggplant
ACCESSORIES:  Copic markers; Big Shot; Spellbinders; ScorPal; sponge; ribbon and button  from my stash

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! You are so awesome Tam!DC

Gale said...

Very cute. Love the image. I got it also. Dustin is the reason I started doing Halloween cards last year!

Bev Gerard said...

***splaaaat!***
Just so funny! Great coloring!

~Bev

Gramma said...

OK.. love your card... you just let me know that the sale was on... off to DDS to buy more images... Thanks for the news and TFS your great card!

Lelia Pierce said...

Hehe! I love the sentiment...too funny! Thanks for playing along with us at Doodle Dragon Studios! Good luck!

XXX

Denise Marzec said...

HA!! I love that image and the *curses* sentiment....cracked me up. BEAUTIFULLY colored too, I might add. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...