Follow Along...

Thursday, September 2, 2010

MOT CLASS - OCL

I took a MOT class a couple weeks ago and am just now posting the cool stuff we made.  We were given "homework" and I needed time to get it done.  Life happened between then and now so *sigh* I'm just finding time to play.  The focus:  "Just Do It" (don't think about it).  Kisa, Cami and Joy, from OCL, were our instructors. I know, I know...how cool is that!?!  Anyway, the class was all about Copic coloring.  They wanted us to get over matching color groups, etc. and just grab and go.  Unfortunately since it was a class, I don't have all the details to share.  Sorry about that!


The first card was a good one to start with.  The flower, bee, sentiment and background swirls are all OCL stamps but I'm not sure the names of the sets (I could look for you...but I'm being lazy since I'm on vacation.  Teehee!).  After coloring the flower, we were introduced to Toner Gray Copics. I already had all the Ts but I had never used them.  Actually, my first thought when I got them was why in the heck do I need so many grays.  Now I know they are DA BOMB! Look at how much they give dimension/depth to the flower.  Just amazing!




This next pic is a tag that we made with one of the new OCL Holiday Release sets called Spooky Tags.  The swirls on the background is a flourish set from OCL but, yep...you guessed it, I don't know the name.  Can you see the shimmer on the orange part (click on the pic to make it bigger)?  After we colored it with Copics, we sprayed a concoction of Ranger Distress Re-inker, Copic Colorless Blender and Ranger Perfect Pearls.  When it dries, it gives a cool shimmer effect when you move it around in the light.  One of the punched bats has Glossy Accents and the other has OCL Eyeliner Black Crafty Sparkles.  Yes!  I was paying attention for part of it.  *wink*


This next one was my fav!  It is also part of the new OCL Holiday Release called Bountiful Harvest.  On a side note, I played along with OCL's new release blog hop and actually WON this set.  Sweet!  Can't wait to ink it up!


Again, I don't have many details, but I can tell you I used R08, R05 and R02 to get that awesome rusty color on the tractor.  I also used the Toner Grays to give it depth.  The cool thing about the Toner Grays are you can use them to color directly over the other colors and it doesn't take away from them.  The shadows they create make the image look more realistic.

Here's a close up of the tractor.  I have to say...I think this is the best I've ever colored/shaded.  I learned so much in this class.  I can't thank the OCL girls enough for taking time to show us hints and tricks to coloring.

This final card was our "homework".  Cami gave us the stamped image (another new set from the OCL Holiday Release called Be Jolly) and told us to make a card with it and she wants to see it when we're finished.  So Cami, Here it is!  Check it out...I'm hooked on the Toner Grays!  I can DEFINITELY give details on this card since I just made it this morning!

I have a confession to make...I cheated on my homework.smiley emoticons 
I bought this set at MOT the day of the class.  When Cami gave it to us to take home, it only had the snowman and the tree.  I added the owl and the sentiment later.  Hmmm...is that really cheating?  Nah!  Anyway, I colored the image with Copic markers (see below) then added OCL Sugar Sparkly Fluff to the snow and snowman.  Here is a close up so you can see it better.  The tiny brads are from Bazzill and the DP and CS is SU.  On the inside I used another image from this set.

Sorry for the long post!  There was just so much to share!!!
Thanks for looking!

Tam

ADDITIONAL INFO (just for the last card)
STAMPS:  OCL Be Jolly
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; SU Ruby Red; SU DP
INK:  Ranger Black Soot
ACCESSORIES:  Copic markers; Big Shot; Nestabilities Labels 8 and Classic Ovals Small; SU Embossing Buddy; OCL Sugar Sparkly Fluff; Bazzill brads; ribbon from JoAnn's.


1 comment:

Memories of Time said...

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU CHEAT! LOL... you are amazing my friend... AMAZING! Your coloring skills are DA BOMB!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...